Volunteering, jobs & consultancy
Hand in Hand is not currently hiring. Please check back later.
Marketing and fundraising volunteer intern
Who we need
- Fluent English speaker with a keen eye for detail and an enthusiasm to learn about fundraising processes.
- Motivated, proactive, organized and reliable.
- Able to conduct research online and willing to learn new systems.
- Prior experience of using databases would be useful.
- An interest in international development would be useful.
- Experience of design would be useful.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to gain experience in and understanding of this area of work within an international development charity.
How you can help
- Working with the marketing team you will provide support on events and help produce fundraising materials to thank and update our donors.
- You will help maintain accurate records on our database.
- You will help us to coordinate our outreach to donors by liaising with members across the team on their recent contact with donors.
Insight you will receive
- We will provide insight into all or some of the following:
- Event management
- How to provide a high standard of donor care in an international setting.
- How to research and cultivate new donors, including gaining an understanding into fundraising and cultivation events.
- How to package our work to appeal to a variety of donors.
How we will help you
You are welcome to join our small, friendly office on Baker Street. We will cover reasonable lunch and travel expenses within London. At the end of your internship, we will provide the following, if you wish:
- Constructive feedback.
- A written reference.
- A recommendation on the professional networking site LinkedIn.
The fine print
We would be delighted if you were able to join our team and will commit to giving you the training and support you need.
To get the most out of the experience, you need to be able to commit no less than 20 working days in total. How you organize your time – either part-time or full-time – is up to you but we would like you to be able to commit to at least 2 days in the office per week. We understand you may have other commitments but unless you can commit to this, you will find it difficult to be fully integrated in our team.
To apply, please send your CV to Ann Dickinson together with a short application detailing:
How your skills and experience fit what we are looking for.
- Why you are interested in this internship opportunity.
- Your availability: when are you able to start, for how many days a week and until when.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hand in Hand is not currently seeking any consultants. Please check again later.